Delivering market based solutions to substantially impact climate issues and enhance biodiversity in seas and soils.
93% of the increased heat from global warming ends up in the upper ocean, critically reducing ocean circulation.
Amazon fires have caused a significant increase in nutrient runoff, creating a massive, and at the moment disruptive, seaweed bloom.
Our solution is two pronged: Harvest and process seaweed floating on the ocean, then move to growing our own at scale.
Majority of Sargassum goes to a landfill, we will process it for multiple end-markets.
Brian von Herzen, Ph.D.
Inventor, Board Member and Technical Advisor
• Executive Director and Founder, The Climate Foundation
• Board Member, Prime Coalition
• CTO, Co-Founder and Board Member, Bright Energy Storage Technologies
• Ph.D. in Computer and Planetary Science, Caltech
• 12 patents issued, 12 patents pending and 11 publications
• Researcher, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
• AB in Physics, Princeton University
Chief Executive Officer and Chairman
• Founding Investor and Advisor, Phoenix Revolution (Cleaner reverse osmosis company)
• Board Member, Prime Coalition & Environmental Entrepreneur
• Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in New England
• Climate Champion Designation in 2016
• Founder, Chairman and CEO, Next Step Living
• Manager, Bridgespan Group and Bain & Co
• MBA/MPA, MIT Sloan and Harvard JFK School of Government
• BA, Williams College
Ben Ellis, CFA
Executive Vice President
• Senior Vice President, Phoenix Revolution (Cleaner reverse osmosis company)
• Principal, Portfolio Manager and Analyst, Teterem Capital Management
• Managed over $5B in actively managed equity portfolios
• Associate, BSE Management (Oceanwood private equity affiliate)
• Analyst, Oceanwood Capital Management
• CFA. Charterholder
• BA, Dalhousie University
Jason R. Cole, PhD
Director of Business and Product Development
• Vice-Chancellor, Information Technology for Peralta Community College District
• Chairman and CEO, Remote-Learner, Inc.
• Lead designer, IBM Global Sales School
• Founder, Cognition and Instruction Associates
• Published author and keynote speaker
• Ph.D. in Educational Technology, University of Northern Colorado
• BA in Environmental Conservation, University of Colorado, Boulder
Program Director - Puerto Rico & the Caribbean
• Design Researcher & Communications strategist with experience in programs impacting Germany, Brazil, UK, France, Switzerland, Italy, USA, Argentina, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Costa Rica & Dominican Republic
• Co-Curator of Peripheral Intuitions, an immersive artistic practice focused on the senses & culture of the Global South & marginalized identities
• Co-founder of Coliga, a startup offering infrastructure for future work collectives
• BS in Foreign Service, Georgetown University
Director of Business Development - Biogas
• Over twenty years of experience in planning, management, policy and assessment of environmental resources, energy and sustainability.
• Focuses on advancing critical environmental solutions for climate restoration that are innovative and integrative.
• Specializes in strategic planning of high-profile, triple bottom line sustainable solutions and programs.
• Leverages her creative and critical thinking skills, coupled with her excellent communication skills, to cultivate impactful strategies.
• University of California, Berkeley
Vice President, Global Business Development
• Operations Director & Co-founder, Current Vehicles Ltd. Bermuda.
• Businesses Development Director, Bermuda Engineering Limited.
• Advisory Board Member, Blockchain Triangle Financial Technologies.
• Independent Business Development and Sustainability Consultant.
• MSc Green Economies, University of Bournemouth, U.K.
• BA Business Management, Oxford Brookes University, U.K.
Lisbeth Echevarria, PhD
Lead Scientist, Puerto Rico
• Over 10 years of experience in research, academic, and leadership positions.
• As a microbiologist, investigated the colonization and virulence factors in Campylobacter by generation of gene knockouts for vaccine development.
• Serve as a liaison in writing and developing strategic, and operational plans for the COVID-19 pandemic in support of state and interagency partners.
• Contributed with technical expertise during Zika-virus Epidemic Response Operations in Puerto Rico.
• As military intelligence, developed incident, awareness and assessment collection plans and strategies to mitigate loss of life during catastrophic events.
• Created several databases for the geospatial visualization of critical infrastructure in Puerto Rico.
• Ph.D. in Microbiology, The University of Arizona
• BS in Microbiology, Universidad del Este
• A.S. in Intelligence Operations, Cochise College
Senior Associate Director, Sales Engineer
• Concept Lead at the Governance Lab @Google, Berlin.
• Consultant at VG&S - Business Development
• Project Lead-Europe and Fellow at Climate Foundation, Woodshole, MA.
• Co-Founder of the B.I.R.D.S. Project at the Hannah Arendt Center, NY.
• Associate Fellow at the Hannah Arendt Center, Bard College.
• BA, Political Studies at Bard College, Dec. ‘17.
Senior Associate Director, Americas Sales
• Founder, RepTele Communications
• Top Sales Rep nationally, Extremity Specialist Division at Depuy Synthes, a J&J subsidiary
• B.A. Business Administration, Western Washington University, Bellingham, Washington.
• B.S. Kinesiology, Western Washington University
Benjamin I. Jelen, PhD
Senior Associate Director, Lab Manager
• Ph.D. in Environmental Microbiology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
• Published scholar, researcher and speaker on the evolution of microbial electron transfer, the foundation of biological carbon fixation and sequestration.
• Student at the 2016 Microbial Diversity Summer Course, Marine Biological Labs, Woods Hole, Massachusetts.
• B.A. in Biology, Rutgers University
Contact us to know more about investment opportunities.